This year there are lots of new things to come for Life and Style with Lauren.
Usually I am not one to do the whole “Resolutions” thing, basically because I’ve gotten to know myself pretty well over my 28 years of life, and I’m VERY bad at seeing a project through to the end, and keeping motivated to do so. In a small way I am surprised at myself for keeping this blog going for as long as it has.
Inspired by one of my good friends, I decided to go ahead and dedicate myself to fulfilling a few tasks for the year ahead.
– BIGGER EFFORT TOWARDS MY BLOGGING.
– APPRECIATE THE TIME I HAVE WITH MY SON BEFORE HE STARTS SCHOOL NEXT YEAR.
– GET SERIOUS ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS AND HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE.
– JOIN A GYM AND GO AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK.
– MAKE AN EFFORT FOR BOTH NEW AND OLD FRIENDSHIPS.
– GO SWIMMING AND PAINT MORE.
I know, for a person who has never committed themselves to New Year Resolutions before, then coming straight out of the gate with six of them is a bit crazy, I am hoping that because I am writing them here, that it will keep me accountable. Some may seem easier than others, hopefully completing the smaller tasks will keep my motivation up, and give me a sense of small accomplishment.
Obviously to go along with my resolutions, there will be new segments coming for my dear little blog, along with a new look which will go live over the weekend.
“a change is as good as a holiday”.
First segment, a new health and fitness diary, will begin at the end of this month. Also coming at the end of the month, will be a new monthly favourites, most likely the items will be beauty products, but the list could literally include anything I am LOVVVING.
Lastly, I’d like to have a quick chat about my mini haul from:
As usual when I go into a shop like Mecca or Sephora (with overwhelmed husband in tow), the items I’m after are always out of stock. This is why online shopping is AWESOME! I had run out of a few things and as timely as always, Mecca delivered within a few days. 💃🏻
What I Ordered:
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer – shade NC25.
- MAC Matte Lipstick – shade Velvet Teddy.
- MAC Prep + Prime. [ have not tried, impressions coming soon].
- LUNA BRONZE Tanning Moisturiser. [ have not tried, impressions coming soon].
Along with every online order from Mecca you pick three sample sachets, this time I chose, Josie Maran Arian Oil Face Butter, Too Faced Hangover Primer infused with coconut water, and NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser shade Groenland (Light 3), I haven’t tried any of these samples yet, so I will let you know in a first impressions post next week how I went.
Cheers to the New Year and what is yet to come.